Sunday, January 15, 2012

More flowers for Max

Dear Max,

Today I received a surprise visit from a lovely lady called Meg who I became friends with when I worked at CSIRO, long before you were born. She is expecting a little baby of her own on Australia Day and felt very sad that you were not able to stay here with your mummy in the same way that her baby could stay with her. Together with some other people I shared many fun lunch breaks with (their names are Geoff, Marina, Brooke, Bec, Liz and Pauline) Meg gave me a very special rose plant that will grow and bloom every November to remind me of the important job I had as your mummy. The plant is called a 'Mothers Love' rose, and it is so very beautiful, with the most delicate white blooms. I am very excited about getting a big pot to grow it in. I should probably put it in the ground instead, but for some reason I can never get my head around the fact that Daddy and I own this house and can do such permanent things as plant gardens. I always think everything has to be temporary! Anyway, wherever we grow it, we grow it in memory of you.

Here are some pictures:

'Mothers Love'

What an exquisite flower!

I'll think of you when I water it every day, my little one.

Love mummy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...