Daddies are important. I know this because I never had one myself. My son Max, though, was blessed with the best daddy a little boy could ask for. His name is Leslie and he is the light of my life.
When a baby dies everyone seems to forget about daddy. Or, if they do remember to ask after him, he often puts on a brave face or redirects their attention to his beloved partner whose sorrow seems perhaps more urgent or visible. His friends are afraid to talk to him about his baby for some reason. They don’t really want to know so he’s cut off even from those closest to him, whilst he sees his partner’s friends gather in close to nurture and protect her. How must this hurt his already-breaking heart? How lonely must he feel?
I don’t know how yet, but I’m going to do something to change this - if only for the one special daddy I wake up next to each morning. I can only take baby steps right now, but providing resources here for grieving daddies is one thing I can do to help people understand their unique pain and support them as they deserve to be supported.
I don’t know how yet, but I’m going to do something to change this - if only for the one special daddy I wake up next to each morning. I can only take baby steps right now, but providing resources here for grieving daddies is one thing I can do to help people understand their unique pain and support them as they deserve to be supported.
If you can suggest other links or resources, please contact me - I’d be so glad to hear from you.
Men losing babies [audio]
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.