Monday, December 19, 2011

Article asks 'are we always right to save premature babies?'

Article asks 'are we always right to save premature babies?'

I’ve been reading anything I can get my hands on regarding premature labour and other babies born at 23 weeks, the so-called ‘threshold of viability’, as Max was. I’ll post anything that I find interesting, comforting, distressing or just thought-provoking as a way of tracking the different kinds of stories that are out there.

2 comments:

  1. I know Alexia, via another forum, and I admire her bravery and honesty in contributing to this article so very much. Like you, I've also collected many stories of babies born around 23 weeks gestation. I'm not sure entirely why. Just always wondering if my own might have been different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right - the desire to gather information and try and figure out how things could have been different is very strong. Sometimes too strong, I think, as none of it brings our babies back. In many ways I feel that forewarned is forearmed, so to speak. I want to know everything I can, so that if this happens again I will not be so helpless and hopeless in the face of it next time. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...