Though the postman woke me up at 8am this morning by ringing my doorbell, he left a very special package on my front door step that had me in tears before my day had even begun.
My friend Sharon’s mother, Sue, who I’ve known for many years, and whose family I’ve always been included as part of, had a star named in memory of my darling Max. Inside the huge box from the International Star Registry was a beautiful framed certificate bearing the name of Max’s star, a map of the constellation of Sagittarius in which his star is located, and a heartfelt message from Sue and her children.
 |
| The official certificate we get to hang on our wall |
This was such a beautiful gesture and I was overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness and creativity in thinking of such a unique way to remember my baby. I am planning on making a little space in our house which will be Max’s, in which I will put his photo and some keepsakes, and where I can sit and think of him. I will hang his star certificate there and picture him floating peacefully through the heavens, illuminated by the brilliant light of his very own star.
 |
A map of the constellation of Sagittarius where Max's star lies |
 |
| Heartfelt message from the Gourlay/Hughes families |
 |
| The location of Max's special star |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.