Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Aunty Kate's Eulogy

Janelley, Leslie and little Max, my dearest friends, my family. Your beautiful son has touched my heart and I will never be the same again. For that, I’ll be forever grateful.

I met Max, I saw his big lips and his enormous flipper-sized feet and that’s a memory I will guard with my life. I also saw my dear friends and their love for each other and for Max. As much as losing Max will make us all here and you both question life, the world, the injustice, the sense, for the hours of Max’s life, he knew no anger. He will only know the love and care you showed him in everything you did.

Please know that everyone here will protect Max and his memory and love him like you both do.

Your friends, your family flew across the country, came despite their own grief to be with you. That’s evidence of how much we care about each of you and for Max. This room is full of the people you can call at 3am, people who can make a Twinings tea and sit with you; people who will take you to the footy even when you might not feel like going. Please take comfort if you can from the people in this room who love you.

Janelley, we will smile again, we will go out for breakfast again (hopefully on Saturday) and we will even laugh again. It won’t mean the pain has faded or the memory is not as clear, it’ll just be that somehow we can and we do. And when that happens, Max will be there too, in our hearts which is where he will live forever.

I promise we will all look after Max’s memory as well as after you and Leslie. We will never stop looking our for you, caring for you or loving you.

Missing you and loving you today until forever our Maxwell Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...