As a way to make Thursdays suck just a little bit less, I've decided to implement a 'Things-I-Love-Thursday' segment on this blog - you guessed it, every THURSDAY! In it, I will post a picture or link or something (probably stupid) that I love and that gives me pleasure, even if it's just for 15 seconds a day, which is about as long as all of my happiest moods last these days. In case you are confused about the purpose of this blog, I am sorry to tell you that none of these things that give me pleasure will be sexual. At least until I start feeling loads better.
If you would like to participate in 'Things-I-Love-Thursday' by sharing some of the things that you love on Jupiter's day of the week, then I am happy to feature you and your thing on a guest post. Isn't that exciting? You could even write that you love 'Things-I-Love-Thursday' on your 'Things-I-Love-Thursday' post! That would be very cleverly meta!
In this inaugural post, I would like to draw your attention to something in my kitchen (the most domestic of spaces) that I love. In fact it is three things, as I tend to like things that come in a series.
THREE LITTLE LADIES WITH VARIED EXPRESSIONS
In case it is not immediately obvious to you, these little ladies are Japanese tea canisters which sit on my window-sill and cheer up my kitchen. The one on the left who has sleeping eyes and an open mouth looks after the decaf tea (see, she hasn't had any caffeine as therefore goes to sleep easily and peacefully! The one in the middle whose eyes are open but who looks pretty shitty with the world holds my favourite Twinings English Breakfast tea. She's awake because she likes to have a lot of caffeine, and she has a crabby expression because people keep telling her that caffeine is BAD. The one on the right has a decidedly more Asian expression* so she looks after the green tea, which I hardly ever drink as it also has caffeine but as well as this generally tastes Very Bad. I really just have it for show.
In case you are right now so jealous that you want to kill me in my sleep, I shall reveal to you that I bought these ceramic ladies at T2, and that furthermore, I got them on sale, as even though I love them, I probably would not have paid $90 for their collective ceramic little arses.
They make me happy because they are so different from the pedestrian canisters that hold all of my other household staples like pasta and flour. I don't really need a reason to want more tea, as I want it all of the time really, but they do add a little pizazz to the ritual. They also serve to make the neighbours jealous because they sit on the window-sill that people walk past all the time and make them think we are Very Interesting People who have probably Travelled to the Orient.
So there it is. Three little ladies with varied expressions; let's call them Momoko, Ivy and Therese.
* I hope that doesn't sound racist...except that I know it does, but that was not my intention!
I cant tell you how happy this post made me. A simple proactive step of making something good out of our shitty Thursdays.
ReplyDeleteSo yes, I do love things I love Thursday!
Love you.