Monday, February 6, 2012

A sure-fire way to cheer up your day

I really needed cheering up this morning. Then there was this. The Cat Cafe, Japan.

I MUST GO THERE!



If only Australians weren't generally a nation of dog-lovers I would be immediately applying for a loan to open my very own kitty franchise, though I imagine the coffee would have to be pretty pricey to pay for the vet bills of over 50 felines.

Watching this reminded me of my trip to Amsterdam last year where I not only followed neighbourhood cats down side streets, but visited a very special floating cat haven - De Poezenboot. This boat, moored at the side of one of Amsterdam's beautiful canals, is a refuge for stray and abandoned cats. Despite what you may have heard about cats and water, the beauties at this sanctuary seem to love floating through their lives, many of them snoozing on the outside deck and watching the world go by. I've just fished out (pardon the pun) some of the photos I took while I was there (of which there were many). You won't be surprised to hear that it was one of the highlights of my trip, even when a really crabby cat swiped me across the face because I interrupted his nap!

De Poezenboot - amazing cats on the canal!
Visiting 
Being visited
Hoping the houseboat will float away with me on it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...