This morning on my doorstep was another very special package. The Australia Post parcel guy must know his way up my driveway by heart now!
My Aunty Mary, my mum's best friend who has known me since before I was even born, is a teddy bear maker. When she found out I was pregnant with Max she started making him his own very special bear that he could treasure forever - a unique bear that would be like no other. When she was half way through bringing the little bear to life, she heard the sad news that Max would now never get to play with or cuddle his teddy. As it was made just for my little boy, though, and no other, she decided to finish it so that I could keep it safe and loved forever on Max's behalf.
I'd like you to meet the little bear we've named Rupert. He is so, so perfect. He's an old-fashioned bear - just my style - with moveable arms and legs and the cutest tubby belly. It is so special to know that he was made from scratch with love and affection for our baby. I'm in awe of the gesture, and the sheer skill and patience that must have been required to make him.
I've photographed him here sitting next to Max's Camellia plant. Welcome to our family, Rupert. We will treasure you forever.
![]() |
| Rupert Bear makes himself at home in the sun. |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.