Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Max's name in the sand

A little while ago I requested for Max's name to be written in the sand at Christian's Beach. Since 2008, a woman called Carly Marie has written over 14,500 names in the sand to recognise children who have died, and whose families have few memories of them to treasure. She began to do so after her little boy, Christian, was stillborn.

The beach where Carly Marie photographs the beautiful Western Australian sunsets is in Mullaloo, just north of Perth.

You can read more about her, and find lots of resources for people whose babies have died, here. I think you'll agree she is a very generous and special person to bring people from all over the world a little bit of comfort.

For now, I'd like to show you Max's special photo in the sand. Carly Marie does not charge to write a child's name in the sand, but asks that if you would like a copy of the photo you purchase one for $25 from the website, which I have just done. I will then have a digital file of the photo and can reproduce copies for anyone who would like one.

Here is Max's photo and online tribute:

http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/maxwell-alexander-pogson-moran.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...