Sunday, April 1, 2012

Max's roses

Though summer's bloom time is meant to have come to an end, Max's rose tree seems to have had a second season, sprouting more flowers than it did the first time. I must be doing something right! I had religiously dead-headed the fading blooms, and more grew in their place which was such a lovely surprise. It has given me much joy seeing it come to life again when I thought it was done.

The rose bush's second bloom
The weather is a bit inclement at the moment, so I cut some of the flowers to bring inside to enjoy rather than see them get ruined by rain and wind. Sebastian was very curious about these soft, silky petals and kept rubbing his little face against them and licking them. Here is a picture of him exploring my floral arrangement, in which you can see the beautiful blooms Max's plant has given us as part of summer's last hurrah.

Sebastian enjoying baby Max's pretty roses
Mummy, daddy, Max and the roses, which help us remember him
A single, perfect bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...