I was sent a link to this story by a friend today and I was so pleased to read it. Not pleased that this little baby died, of course, never that, but pleased his dad felt willing and able to share his perfect baby son with the world so that we can open more conversations about what is still a subject shrouded in so much secrecy and misinformation.
It is hard to do, to open yourself up to the world when you are at your most raw and wounded. It is even harder to share the story of your baby with an unknowing public when your first instinct is to protect your baby and yourself against potentially judging, misunderstanding eyes.
So thank you, Michael, for sharing yourself, your beloved son Patrick, and your dear wife Pip with all of us. I am so sorry you have suffered such an unimaginable loss. You have done an important and necessary thing, and have helped others and kept your son's memory alive in doing so. I wish you all the very best with your fundraising efforts and in running the challenging City 2 Surf event in Sydney. You are an inspiration.
Incredibly, Michael has been able to raise over $21,000 for the Stillbirth Foundation. If you can help, you can find Michael's fundraising page here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.