Wednesday, November 30, 2011

John Lennon - Beautiful Boy [1980]



When it came to choosing a song for Max that would be played at his funeral there was no question in my mind that this would be it. I’d already been playing it in the car for weeks since finding out I was having my own baby boy. Listening to it, I had felt so happy and excited that I would be having my own ‘beautiful boy’. Also, John Lennon’s name sat on a list I’d been compiling for Max of men who had changed the world, and who I hoped it he would one day look up to. Though the feeling I have when listening to this song is now one of intense grief and sorrow, I still think that it is one of the most beautiful songs in the world, and hope that one day I will be able to listen to it and smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...