After a lovely chat with Anika last night I miss her more than ever. She is making tentative plans to come back to Melbourne and they seem so promising - child care enquiries, job applications - but I'm afraid to go along with them. I want a sign, somehow, that their return is a sure thing before I get my hopes up. I worry that having to let them go, again, will spin me back to the bottom of the ladder I'm every day trying so desperately to climb. I almost can't imagine how wonderful it would be for her and Sasha to be only a few streets away from me and part of my everyday life once more.
![]() |
| Anika and I in happier times |
I have not contacted Sharon since her baby was born. I don't want her to feel any of the sadness and sorrow and envy I feel towards her and her son. I feel that anything I do or say is infected by it and impossible to hide so I say nothing at all. I know this is not the best way to deal with this situation, but it's all I feel capable of. I have not seen Isaac's photo and I am afraid to. I am so afraid to see what Max should look like right now; to see a baby breathing and screaming and robust when the last one I saw was dead in my arms.
I want these thoughts and images to stop. Some days I have respite from them, but it is as if when they come back that they are twice as distressing as before for me having forgotten them. It's like when you miss a week at the gym and when you return you can't believe how much it hurts all over again; how quickly you lost your fitness.
Kate gave me these flowers on Saturday: beautiful yellow roses that have softened and bloomed in the days since then. I look at their colour and wish I felt like that inside. Sunny and bright, rich and warm.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.