Thursday, November 1, 2012

12 precious weeks

This morning I went for my 12 week scan.

There's a baby in there, despite my greatest fears. It looks healthy and happy. It has a low risk of downs syndrome (1 in 6525). It was jumping about. Two little hands. Two little feet. A perfect profile. It is already practicing swallowing.

It's not the first time we've seen baby. I've been getting fortnightly scans, but they are just brief ones to check the heartbeat, and the pictures aren't worth showing. It's amazing to see its growth from one to the next, though. The baby is growing so rapidly. At the moment it is measuring past its dates. I'm 12 weeks 6 days, and it is measuring 13 weeks 4 days. It's a big baby. A big, strong one, I hope.

Here's what's been causing all the trouble over the last eight weeks (more about that soon):


9 comments:

  1. Hi Baby! Stay big and strong!! So happy for you J. Hoping alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you just look at that little growing person! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey little baby, looking good... Keep growing good and strong xx Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is great news. I'm so happy for you. Can't wait for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news. I'm sure you must be happy to reach the 12 week milestone too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ms j...wonderful news to hear
    That is one good looking baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hello there little one! Sounds as though Max's little brother or sister is growing well, big and strong.

    Sorry to hear that there's been trouble. If it's any consolation the one who gave me the most trouble in the first 12 weeks is the only one who arrived at term and healthy.

    Stay well Ms. J xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already know how overjoyed I am for you. I realise there is an awful long way to go, but please know I am here for you. Also not forgetting Max's birthday is very close now, too.
    Sending love and calming vibes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! It can feel so tenuous and fragile. There's the dread and hope; the denial and optimism all mixed up together. Hang in there Mama and hold on tight little baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts or feelings, big or small, with me here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...